3 Ways It's Taught
Written By Chaplain C. R. Hill
Copyright 2009. All Rights Reserved.
A) Foundational= Individual Belief
B) Traditional= General Belief
C) Creed= Biblical ( Body as a whole) Belief
Part 1. Doctrine Broke Down
Definition: "Doctrine" means instruction, or teachings. Christian doctrine is about
God and how we live for him. It is a body of beliefs about god, Humanity, Christ, The
Church, or any other concept considered authoritative and worthy of acceptance by
all members of a community of faith. * Proverbs 4:2 says it is the instruction given
within the church.
A) True Doctrine Defined: ( All 3 kinds)
1. Foundational ( Heb. 6: 1, 2)
* Certain beliefs are ESSENTIAL for all believers to understand clearly.
* To even be considered MATURE Christians we must have a clear understanding of:
A) Importance of Faith
B) The meaning of baptism
C) Not being saved by good deeds
D) Meaning of Spiritual Gifts
E) The facts about the resurrection
F) Facts about eternal life
* THESE MUST BE TAUGHT AND UNDERSTOOD!*
In order to even be CONSIDERED "mature" in the body....
2. Traditional ( 1 Cor. 15:1-4)
* Teaching that is passed on from one to another generation-ally-
Paul said it was passed on to Timothy and he must pass it on to us Christians.
3. Creed ( 2 Timothy 3:16, 17)
( Creed means to "believe" so the bible MUST be believed)
* God revealed his plan to be written by chosen people ( 2 Peter 1:20,21)
that process is known as "Inspired".
* The bible is God-Breathed so we should live and die by it (vs 17)
* We can trust it to live our lives by it
( ITS PURPOSE IS TO "EQUIP" US....here and after)
Part 2. Essentials of Doctrine ( Salvation Things)
* Things that must be believed to even be considered a CHRISTIAN....
A) The Bible is INSPIRED BY GOD ( 2 Timothy 3:16)
* We must believe that scripture was inspired by God & is authoritative
B) Christ's Deity ( 1 Cor. 12:3)
* We must believe that Jesus is our Lord and Savior!
C) Christ's Incarnation ( 1 John 4:1-6)
* Jesus had a fleshly body just like ours but a GODLY spirit inside that was perfect-
That makes him both God and man!
D) Christ's Resurrection ( 1 Cor 15:12-20)
* Jesus died was buried and rose on the third day
* His earthly body DID rise from the dead and was transformed into a SPIRITUAL body
and ascended unto heaven
E) Christ's Return () 2 Peter 3:3-13)
* Mockers and Scoffers will come but we are to stand firm
* Jesus WILL RETURN ( Unexpectedly)
* The righteous look forward to his return ( Judgment Day)
F) Salvation By Faith ( Acts 2:38)
* We must repent- Repentance and obedience are FRUITS of faith
* Our faith saves us!!! ( NOT ANY THING WE DO, or "WORKS)
Part 3. Our Attitudes Towards Christian Doctrine
( From The Bible Only!!!)
A) OBEY IT ( Rom 6:17)
* We are to wholeheartedly obey Christ;s teachings
B) RECEIVE IT ( 1 Cor. 15:1-4)
* Believe it!
C) HOLD FAST TO IT ( 2 TIm. 1:13)
* Remain faithful becasue Jesus is!
D) ADORN YOURSELF WITH IT ( Titus 2:10)
* Adorn yourselves with Godly Character:
Part 4. What Constitutes False Doctrine?
A) Perverting the Gospel ( Anything Unscripted)
( Gal. 1:6,7- 1John 4:1-6)
* Deliberately twist Christs truth
* Believing Lies instead of the bible
* Teaching Non Gospel as supposed gospel
B) Satanic Deception ( 2 Cor. 11:13-15)
* False Apostles ( Missionaries) who pretend to be in the midst serving God
* Satan and his servants are deceptive!
Part 5. Who Are Teachers Of False Doctrine?
What Do They Do? How Will I Know Them?
A) MANY people will deceive ( Matthew 24:5, 24)
* Fake Christians in the later days
B) They attract MANY ( 2 Peter 2:2)
* They attract many followers
* They are slanders of the truth ( The bible)
C) They Speak Perverse Things ( Acts 20:30)
* They distort truths
* They are CROWD DRAWERS!!!
D) They Are Savage ( Acts 20:29)
* Vicious wolves who prey on people especially the weak and vulnerable!
E) Deceitful People ( 2 Cor. 11:13)
* They pretend to be what they are not
F) Ungodly People ( Jude 4,
* They are immoral:
1. Reject the truths of the bible
2. They chase after err
G) Proud People ( 1 Tim 6:3, 4)
* They contradict Jesus so they are:
2. Have a lack of Biblical Understanding
H) Corrupt People ( 2 Tim. 3:
* They have a fake and counterfeit faith
* They have depraved minds ( and their followers)
I) They LOVE err ( 2 Tim. 4:3,4)
* THey will not listen to sound and wholesome teachings!
Part 6. What Kind Of Attitude Should We Have Towards False Teachers?
A) AVOID THEM ( Rom. 16:17,18)
* We are told to stay away from them!!!
B) TEST THE SPIRITS ( 1 John 4:1)
* Are the spirits submissive to JESUS'S Lordship?
C) DETEST FALSE DOCTRINE ( Jude 23)
* HATE their sins ( NOT THEM)